"Be the change that you want to see in the world." Gandhi

Friday, November 26, 2010

SITE ASSIGNMENT

I now know where I will be living for the next two years!

Zona Norte, near the city of San Carlos and in a pueblito of 300 people in COOPE ISABEL.

Coope Isabel
Pineapple Farms and Cattle Ranches.
300 people living in a town that has a kindergarden, primary school, pulperia (local store), soccer field and salon (place for community events)
The address to my house is ¨75 west of soccer field¨
My family: a mother and her son.
Fairly close to Nicaragua...road trip!

Teaching
I will be THE ENLISH TEACHER for three elementary school. I´m excited but nervous. I´ll beable to control and run my classes as I please, but that also means I am in charge of organizing, planning and teaching everything to do with English. (I always have that teaching degree to fall back on, oh wait, no I don´t.) I also can´t wait to buy my bike, which I´ll use to get to my school...please no mountains.

Looks like I will not have many resources at all to teach with...hey friends, school supplies are much appreciated!

I officially move on the 18th but I get to visit next week!
TBC...

3 comments:

  1. WOoot, so if we were to send you some stuff, what kind of stuff do you need? And what's your address? The boys can ask around for donations at school too.

    ReplyDelete