"Be the change that you want to see in the world." Gandhi

Friday, April 1, 2011

Finally!

I've been waiting 6 months to get a picture of a sloth!

When I arrived in my community I asked what kind of animals lived in the area. Coope has many different species of birds including toucans, there are congos, sloths, iguanas, ect. It has been my mission to get photos of a sloth, toucan and congo.

I told my host family that I love animals and would like to take pictures because none of these animals live where I do in the states. Before long the whole town knew that I wanted to take pictures of animals. Since then, people come running or call my house in waves to tell me which animals they have seen and where they are.

Today was the day I finally got my picture of a sloth. It was in a neighbors yard in a small tree. I could have reached out an touched it! Did you know sloths hiss?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment