"Be the change that you want to see in the world." Gandhi

Friday, April 1, 2011

IST- In Service Training


March 22-31

IST- In Service Training happens 3 months after swearing in. TEFL is a pilot program, the first English education group for Costa Rica. Therefore there are a lot of issue to work out. IST was much needed and appreciated. 

Tico 21, my Peace Corps group, got to stay at the Crowne Plaza Corobici for 10 days. I walked into this swank hotel after 6 hours on a hot bus, rocking my chaco sandals and camping backpack. I'm not exactly their type of gringo customer. I was sweaty, dirty and my hair was more of a don't than a do. There was air-conditioning, hot showers, I had 4 pillows all to myself and a flat screen t.v. with shows in English! We were there to work but it felt like a mini vacation. 

Training was amazing, we were able to vent about the negative and learn about all the successes. I felt like I was able to get back in the driver seat and take control of my projects and not let them control me. I gained direction and perspective and feel more prepared to work with my schools and community. Thanks IST!

No comments:

Post a Comment