"Be the change that you want to see in the world." Gandhi

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Wiggles

I never thought I would have The Wiggles on my itunes let alone ipod. Now I dance, sing and teach English with my Wiggle cd. It was probably the most fun I've had with my 1st - 3rd grade students. We learned how to shake, nod, clap, jump and stretch our sillies out, and wiggle them all away today.

In all seriousness it is a great tool. I'm going to use the song "Dr. Knickerbocker" for the parts of the body lesson, "Fruit Salad" and "Hot Potato" for different types of food... etc. The kids got so excited when I pulled out the stereo, everyone was listening and participating...most importantly speaking in English! Its hard to come up with activities for the youngest groups, there are only so many times I can ask the kids to repeat a word then color the picture before they revolt. Plus, they get rid of excess energy they may have used to interrupt or distract others in class.

If anyone has children cd's that your family has outgrown, including holiday music, please let me know! I would love to use as much music as possible.

"Were gunna shake, shake, shake our sillies out..."

No comments:

Post a Comment